Florastor® is a yeast and therefore is unique in that it:
- will not interact with or be destroyed by antibiotics that are intended to kill bacteria†
- Is designed to withstand the difficult route through the stomach and into the small intestines where it can get to work easing GI distress, promoting good intestinal health and boosting immunity.†
- Does not need to be refrigerated and has a 3 year shelf life.
What are digestive probiotics?
According to The World Health Organization3, probiotics are “live microorganisms which, when administered in adequate amounts, confer a health benefit to the host.” Probiotics are live cells, including bacteria and yeast that mimic the “good” or “friendly” microorganisms that live in our gut. They are available to take in a variety of forms including capsules, powders, and are even added to some foods and beverages by certain manufacturers.
Why do I need a probiotic?
When taken daily, probiotic supplements are intended to bolster overall intestinal health by contributing to the production of intestinal flora. Flourishing “friendly” microorganisms in the gut therefore can help boost immunity, aid digestion, promote nutrient absorption and relieve gastrointestinal distress such as nausea, upset stomach, bloating, gas, constipation, and diarrhea.†
Why Is Florastor® better than other digestive probiotics?
Many probiotics available on the market are made using lactobacillus acidophilus, which may not offer your digestive tract all of the benefits that it requires. Florastor® is an active probiotic that is made using accharomyces boulardii lyo, a beneficial yeast that lives on the skin of the tropical lychee and mangosteen fruits.† The yeast in Florastor® travels from the mouth through the digestive tract, where it gets to work helping restore intestinal flora. It does not pass through the urinary tract or come in contact with genital areas and therefore will not cause or contribute to vaginal yeast infections.
In addition, Florator® is made from all-natural ingredients and is vegetarian and gluten-free. It is portable and convenient and safe for children as young as 2 months old.†
How do I take Florastor®?
- Swallow a whole capsule
- Sprinkle onto soft foods
- Dissolve into a drink
- Pour onto your tongue
For more information, visit www.Florastor.com.
- Pharmacy Today (2011) Pharmacists’ Pick of the Top OTCs, #1 pharmacist recommended OTC.
- Klein SM, Elmer GW, McFarland LV, Surawicz CM, Levy RH (1993) Recovery and elimination of the biotherapeutic agent, Saccharomyces boulardii, in healthy human volunteers. Pharm Res 10: 1615-1619.
- Joint FAO/WHO Working Group on Drafting Guidelines for the Evaluation of Probiotics in Food (2008) Guidelines for the Evaluation of Probiotics in Food. London Ontario, Canada: FAO/WHO.
†These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
|Home Products Short Description||N/A|
We offer a 60 day, no questions asked, return policy on our products. We can offer this because we have a less than a 1% rate of return. Need to return an order? You can do so by logging into your account and clicking on the return link.